Your First Visit to Our Office
It is our mission to provide you with world-class, pain-free dentistry.
To do so, we will need some information first. When you initially contact us, we will ask you a few questions about the nature of the appointment you are requesting. Once you are given an appointment, we will send you a few easy-to-complete forms. You should complete these and bring them to your first appointment. Another alternative is to arrive a few minutes prior to your appointment and enjoy a beverage in our office while completing the forms.
Examination and Cleaning
When many people often call our office to see the dentist, it is to have their teeth examined and cleaned. If this is what you are interested in, your first visit to our office includes:
- A review of you medical and dental history
- A set of dental x-rays
- A thorough evaluation of your oral health including:
- Review of x-rays
- A head/neck exam
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal/gum exam
- Dental exam
Once we complete the exam we will spend the time needed to review our findings with you. We have a video monitor for the patient so that you can actually show you what we see on your x-rays. Additionally, we have an advanced intra-oral camera that takes super-clear pictures to what we see to help you better understand our findings.
We will also take the time to listen to what you would like to achieve during your visit and with your dental treatment in general.
Many patients do have specific issues or concerns they’d like to address. These often include:
- Painful, sensitive, or broken teeth.
- Teeth that aren’t as white as they would like
- Wisdom teeth
- Bad breath
- Grinding or clenching your teeth
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Once we have a chance to gather all the information we need and adequately discuss it with you, we will move forward with the appropriate level of cleaning for your teeth.